Re: [Tails-dev] Tails usability feedback?

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails usability feedback?
intrigeri:
> Hi,
>
> Jacob Appelbaum wrote (06 Apr 2014 20:24:37 GMT) :
>> There are a few key issues - one is the difficulty of installing
>> Tails,
>
> ACK. I know of these specific problems:
>
> The download and verification thing?
>   -> Would it help if we made Tails Installer support downloading and
>      verifying the latest ISO, and included in Debian/Ubuntu?

I'm not sure to get what is your proposal here. Are you suggested to
have Tails Installer packaged for Debian and Ubuntu?

This could be a scenario:

1. The user installs the tails-installer package.
2. The user Tails Installer.
3. Tails Installer adds a Tails signing key included in the package to
the user's keyring and provide info about how to verify it better.
4. Tails Installer downloads the latest ISO image.
5. Tails Installer verifies the ISO image with the signing key found in
the user's keyring.
6. Tails Installer installs the ISO image onto a USB stick.
7. The user restarts on a fully operational Tails.

--
sajolida