Címzett: tails-l10n
Tárgy: [Tails-l10n] ***SPAM*** placate
Lls you that woman is independent, self-suffici

R being treated like dogs. Is it nothing that we have met heart to heart for one sweet moment, that you have rested a moment in my arms? To me it is a glimpse of the unattainable heaven of love. (_Going up to her._) Kiss me once, Blanche, and farewell! Mrs. Tremaine. It must be for ever, then. (_They kiss, and remain clasped in each other's arms._) (_Enter Mrs. Denham suddenly._) Mrs. Denham. Arthur! Oh, I see, I am in the way! (_She is about to retire._) Denham. (_coming forward_) No; come in, Constance. Blanche is going away. (_Crosses_ L.) Mrs. Denham. Indeed! I must apologise for interrupting a very pretty parting scene. Had I not better retire until your interesting _tete-a-tete_ is over? Denham. There is no necessity. It is over. Mrs. Denham. (_coming down_ C) Then may I ask for an explanation of--what I have unintentionally seen? Denham. Certainly. You have a right to ask anything you please. Mrs. Denham. Well? Denham. We have had our fit of madness. Now we are sane, and Blanche is going away. That is all. (_Goes to table_ L.) Mrs. Denham. Oh, indeed! Arthur, Arthur, I trusted in your love, and you have betrayed me. You love this woman! Mrs. Tremaine. (_coming down_) Let _me_ speak, Constance. If there be a fault or a folly in the matter, it is mine. You hate me; you have cause. I have--been vain and selfish. I thought, like many another woman, I could play with temptation-- Mrs. Denham. (_with fierce scorn_) And with your experience, too! Mrs. Tremaine. I know my own weakness now. But I am going away, Constance--going away out of your lives for ever. If I have sinned, I can expiate. Mrs. Denham. Expiate! A fine word, with which we drug our consciences. You have treated me basely, cruelly, treacherously, and you _will expiate_! A common thief can at least make restitution. Can you do that? You are going away, taking my husband's heart with you. Can you give me that back? I would rather you had stabbed me--killed me with one merciful stroke. Mrs. Tremaine. No, I am taking nothing with me--nothing but