Re: [Tails-dev] Logo Contest

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
CC: Micky Boy
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Logo Contest
intrigeri:
> Micky Boy wrote (31 Mar 2014 06:23:47 GMT) :
>> Here is a simple logo design idea that i think could catch the eye!
>
> Thanks for your proposals!

Yes! I added them to the other ones in the contest:

https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/logo/#index21h1

> As indicated by https://tails.boum.org/news/logo_contest/, we need
> a little more information before we can include your proposals into
> the contest, such as:
>
>   * the license you're publishing your work under; see
>     https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-dev/2014-March/005334.html
>     for details

Yes, and please choose one of those three licenses for your work. Those
are the strongest ones to be qualified as free artwork, and be
compatible with both the GPL and the Debian Free Software Guidelines:

- GPL
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
- Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
- CCO (Public Domain)
https://creativecommons.org/choose/zero/

> * the SVG source of the images
> * the name and license of the font being used

Could you also provide us with a version of your first proposal (the one
I called "colorful"):

  - On a white background, so it is easier to use in different contexts
  - Without names of other products (Tor, I2P, Iceweasel). I find your
    proposal strong enough without them, and "Tor" for example is
    trademarked.

--
sajolida