Re: [Tails-dev] Testing EHLO messages: simplification propos…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Testing EHLO messages: simplification proposal
Hi,

sajolida@??? wrote (27 Mar 2014 13:52:55 GMT) :
> Furthermore, "non-anonymizing SMTP relay" is badly defined.

In the context of these tests, it means a SMTP relay that writes the
IP address of the client it is relaying email for in the Received
header.

Doing so is the most common interpretation of the relevant RFC, and
the default configuration of all MTA I know. So, I would assume it's
the most widespread kind of SMTP relay in the wild.

I've just added this definition to the test suite, and clarified the
two tests.