Re: [Tails-l10n] [ES] Spanish localization of the website

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [ES] Spanish localization of the website
Hi Laura,

Laura Arjona wrote (27 Mar 2014 17:44:16 GMT) :
> I would like to join the Spanish translators team.
> I've seen that the software translation is 100% for Spanish in Transifex, so
> I suppose the next task is the website, which in fact I prefer :)

\o/

> I would like to know:
> * If there are other Spanish team members around here so they can proofread my translations.

In case nobody replies here, you might want to get in touch with the
people doing Spanish translation on Transifex. If needed, I can easily
generate a list of email addresses.

> If there is other workflow or procedure already set up, please let me know.

Until now, we only take Git pull requests for the website, for various
reasons including:

  - Git branches allow translators to work on new stuff separately
    from what's already published, when we are preparing a release and
    issueing a call for translations; note that generally, new and
    fuzzy strings are spread over dozens of files in this case, so I'm
    not sure if a per-file, purely email-based workflow would work;

  - Git gives us the "what version was translated" information for
    free, and allows to handle more nicely the case when the English
    text has changed in the meantime.

If the Git requirement is a blocker, and you prefer using another
workflow, at least this needs to be taken into account (e.g. take note
of what commit a PO file was at when you start working on it, and make
it explicit what branch you're working on).

E.g. another team wanted to have one team member as the Git person,
who acts as the interface between developers (Git) and whatever
workflow and toolkit the rest of the team uses. I'm not sure this
happened in practice, but this would certainly work, given one
dedicated person who is at ease with Git.

Regards,