Re: [Tails-l10n] German translation

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] German translation
Hi,

u wrote (27 Mar 2014 13:01:23 GMT) :
> I wonder though: do you edit files with poedit?
> If i do so, it changes the line breaks, putting every msgstr into a
> single line. Note that in poedit's settings i have set for CF/LR
> converting : "Unix" & "keep existing catalog formats". But i observe
> this behaviour anyway. How do you deal with this issue? It makes version
> changes a little bit complicated to track, that's why i'm asking.

I'm curious which version of poedit you're using, as this is supposed
to be "fixed" in 1.5 and later, iirc.

Also see
https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-l10n/2014-March/000952.html

> Next question, the files in master/po (which were pulled from
> Transifex), should they be re-edited on Transifex directly? I saw some
> strangely translated lines in there.

If your team prefers to take care of all non-website PO files via Git,
instead of Transifex, just tell us, and we'll skip that language when
importing stuff from Transifex. Note that in the current state of
things, it's quite binary: either you handle *all* non-website German
PO files in Git, or we go on fetching them from Transifex.