Re: [Freepto] Freepto vagrant

Author: intrigeri
To: Everything about freepto, tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Freepto] Freepto vagrant
Hi,

vinc3nt wrote (24 Mar 2014 00:13:15 GMT) :
> In order to create quickly a development environment, I have created
> this Vagrant script [2], based on a similar Tails configuration [3]

[...]
> [2] https://github.com/vinc3nt/freepto-vagrant
> [3] https://tails.boum.org/contribute/design/vagrant/

It would be good to collaborate a bit on that one :)

I'm curious what version(s) of Vagrant are supported by this
vagrantfile:

* 1.0.3-1 from Wheezy?
* 1.4.3-1 from sid?
* current upstream (1.5.1)?
* anything else?

I'm wondering if it would make sense to standardize on what will be in
Jessie, and backport it for Wheezy, instead of trying to support
multiple versions. We at Tails have some (outdated) notes about this
backporting process:

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6355#note-2
https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/vagrant-libvirt/

... and Miguel Landaeta prepared a backport of 1.4.3-1 already:

https://bugs.debian.org/742428

Note that Vagrant was removed from testing a month ago due to a RC bug
(Debian#736787), so it cannot be uploaded to the official backports
repository in the current state of things. This bug has apparently
been fixed upstream in 1.5 (that has not been packaged yet). It might
be useful to give a hand to the maintainer of the package. Any taker?