Re: [Tails-dev] Tails Proposals

Autore: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list, moonbrother40
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails Proposals
David Y:
> Please advise if you are unable to open the following....
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/24394019@N00/13392873885/in/set-72157642879008674
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/24394019@N00/13392874335/in/set-72157642879008674
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/24394019@N00/13393005643/in/set-72157642879008674
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/24394019@N00/13393005743/in/set-72157642879008674
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/24394019@N00/13393230064/in/set-72157642879008674

Thanks for your proposal!

I added it to the other ones in the contest:

https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/logo/#index14h1

> The link descriptions are, in order...
> Splash with Text 640x480

Not that this splash screen is the one that will appear on boot, see:

https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/startup_options/#boot_menu

In order to keep a reasonably small size for the splash screen in PNG,
try to use the following command:

convert -resize 640x480 -depth 16 -colors 14 moonbrother.png
moonbrother-splash.png

You'll see that the gradient in the background suffers from this
simplification in the colors. But otherwise if I don't limit the number
of colors, the resulting image is over 700 MiB!

Maybe you can try another simple version without the gradient.

> Grayscale Logo (no text) 640x480
> Color Splash (no text) 640x480
> 64x64 Icon
> Web Banner 728x90

To be able to compare better you work with the other proposals, could
you also provide us with the logo only, on a white background, and the typo.

> All illustrations were rendered with Inkscape, so any text should be GPL3+
> compatible.

Hmm... I'm really not sure about that. It really depends on the license
of the font, whether the rendering letters are free or not. To be on the
safe side, use a font which is really free, as in free software,
straight from the start. Which font is this one?

> SVT available on request. Flikr did not allow them as a valid picture.

Ok.

--
sajolida