Re: [Tails-dev] Choosing KeePassX as the password manager

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: The Tails public development discussion list, koloayew
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] Choosing KeePassX as the password manager
Hi,

koloayew@??? wrote (25 Mar 2014 10:42:00 GMT) :
> I saw that Tails decided to use KeePassX as the default manager
> (https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/5745).

Yeah, a while ago.

> May I ask why it was preferred over Figaro's Password Manager 2 and/or KeePass2?
> GNOME3 compatibility? Certain features? User interface usability?

Judging from the comparison on the ticket, if I had to make this
decision again, I would drop revelation (poor maintenance), Figaro and
KeePass2 (low popcon, unclear how it works on GNOME3), which only
leaves KeePassX.

> Debian package for KeePassX looks awfully outdated (0.4.3 vs. current 2.0 Alpha 5).

The 2.0 branch is still in alpha state. We usually don't ship that
kind of software before it matures a bit.