[Tails-dev] Firefox sha256sum checker

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Griffin Boyce
To: TAILS-dev
Betreff: [Tails-dev] Firefox sha256sum checker
Hi all,

Arma and intrigeri suggested I shoot y'all an email. I built a
sha256sum generator into a Chrome app, and the code might be portable
to Firefox. Arma'd indicated that TAILS needs a replacement hash
generator, since the current one is incompatible with recent ff
versions. Not sure how useful this is for your project though -- in
my case, I'm distributing bundles, so made sense to include.

Relevant code is in the Satori repo, specifically:
https://github.com/glamrock/Satori/blob/master/chrome/sparkle.js
https://github.com/glamrock/Satori/blob/master/chrome/compiled.js
https://github.com/glamrock/Satori/blob/master/chrome/menu.html

If this is interesting, I can at least disentangle the code from the
Satori app, add md5/sha1, and make a standalone repo. It will run as
a local webpage just fine. I might not have the time to turn it into
a FireFox extension though.

The issue with the current hasher (MD5 Reborned Hasher) is that it
is basically unmaintained. It hooks into the old download functions,
so when FF 26 changed how it manages downloads, the extension broke
entirely (#6245).

~Griffin

GPG: 879B DA5B F6B2 7B61 2745 0A25 03CF 4A0A B3C7 9A63

[0] TAILS issue #6245: https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6245