Re: [Tails-dev] [Tails-support] ThinkPad W520 and the Tails …

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: tails-dev
CC: User support for Tails
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] [Tails-support] ThinkPad W520 and the Tails USB installer
Hi,

(redirecting this sub-discussion to tails-dev@, that is better suited
for release management :)

Frithjof wrote (24 Mar 2014 09:50:51 GMT) :
> If that works you could lobby and help to get this into the next
> Tails release.

The next Tails release is a bugfix-only one, so best case, this goes
into 1.1. Also, I'm afraid lobbying alone won't work ;)

> (Some of this is in the 0.23 release already,
> but I am not sure how much and what is still missing.)

The parent ticket is https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/5739.

I think the only real blocker for releasing UEFI support as
a "technology preview" in 1.1 is #6576, which is currently waiting for
test results on ThinkPad X230 (or similar model, that exposed the same
issue previously).

It would also be good, but maybe not necessary, to have the
documentation updated at the same time (#6562), and to see the
Installer convert existing devices to UEFI at upgrade time (#6577).

Any taker for either one of these tickets?