Re: [Tails-dev] Tails Logo Contest Entry

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
CC: Jesse McKay
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails Logo Contest Entry
Jesse McKay:
> Hi,

> Below is a direct link to my Tails logo entry.
>
> http://s12.postimg.org/k4na2rv0d/Tails_maze.jpg

Thanks a lot for your proposal.

> I've produced three versions of the logo, presented together so that you are
> more easily able to compare them to each other. Note the subtle differences
> in the treatment of the letters "a" and "s"; he different versions of the
> inbound and outbound data symbology; and the placement of the dots along the
> outside edge of the "maze":

Cool, so I added the three versions to the contest. I think we don't
need to decide now on one version or the other, but can refine later on
if you concept is chosen.

See: https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/logo/#index10h1

> Notes:
> * My goal was to obscure the word "Tails" so that, at first glance, the logo
> hides within the maze-like blocks.
> * If chosen, I will gladly produce the additional materials noted on your
> website at https://tails.boum.org/news/logo_contest/index.en.html

Since you create it using Illustrator I guess that it will be
straightforward to provide us with an SVG version on request.

> * If requested, I can pull together another few samples that mix and match
> elements of the three versions
> * My approach to logo design is to always start with grayscale. If chosen, I
> will produce some color options.

That would work too.

> * The logo, as designed, is 100% vectored within Adobe Illustrator, and does
> not use any fonts. If requested, I can produce a version that includes a
> tagline. IMHO: a logo should stand apart from a tagline. That said, there
> will be times when a tagline is used. Therefore, if chosen, I will be glad a
> tag lined version.

Yes, that's why have a tagline on the logo is not part of our requirements.

> If you'd like to discuss the design, I can be found on Skype as "spandata".

We don't use Skype :)

--
sajolida