Címzett: The Tails public development discussion list
Tárgy: Re: [Tails-dev] Milestone 2.0?
Hi,

BitingBird wrote (23 Mar 2014 17:56:07 GMT) :
> I'm doing some tickets gardening, and I noticed that intrigeri just
> opened a bunch of infrastructure/sysadmin tickets. They seem relevant
> for the 2.0 Milestone (Sustainability and maintainability), should they
> be added or rather not?

Indeed, "we" (the sysadmin team) should update our priorities at some
point, taking into account all these new tickets.

However, not everything that is about infrastructure/sysadmin is
urgent enough to be spotted as a goal for the 2.0 milestone.

IMO, two different kinds of tickets are good for 2.0:

  * the tickets about features we, as a project, need *first*: I think
    the highest priority ones are already flagged for 2.0, and some
    others for 3.0; still, it'll certainly be good to have a look at
    it during the summit, and update things as needed; IMO this
    discussion should involve all contributors who care about this
    topic, since it directly impacts the project as a whole... and the
    sysadmin team aims at providing the tools the project needs, after
    all :)

  * a subset of infrastructure/sysadmin tickets that are on the "meta"
    level (refactoring, publishing some more Puppet stuff): flagging
    some for 2.0 or not, setting priorities, is basically about how
    the sysadmin team organizes their internal stuff; I'm convinced
    we'll need to do this at some point, but I see no hurry yet: we
    pretty well know what we should be working next, and I expect
    it'll keep us busy until the end of the year.

Thanks for caring about this, and for the tickets gardening!