Re: [Tails-l10n] [Review](fr) Tails 0.23 translations to rev…

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: intrigeri
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Tails localization discussion
Aihe: Re: [Tails-l10n] [Review](fr) Tails 0.23 translations to review
Hi,

intrigeri wrote (17 Mar 2014 14:58:01 GMT) :
> It's weird, because I thought this problem had been fixed in the 1.5.x
> or something that I've uploaded to squeeze-sloppy-backports.
> Perhaps I'm confused.

Actually, here's the story:

  0. gettext tools wrap lines at some sensible length (72 or 80 chars)
  1. older poedit always merged multiline entries, which means every
     PO file that went through poedit was entirely reformated
  2. poedit 1.5.x passes the saved PO file through msgcat to rewrap it
     to something sensible, in accordance with what other gettext
     tools do; this is an acceptable workaround for #1, and does the
     right thing most of the time
  3. some of our PO files have lines longer than 80 chars (notably,
     the HTML headers in liveusb-creator UI files), so poedit rewraps
     it

So probably the fix would be to improve whatever scripts generate
liveusb-creator's PO files, to wrap stuff at 80 chars or something.
Done in liveusb-creator's commit 708420a.