Re: [Tails-dev] Patch: #6679 - Do not auto-connect to the #t…

Author: intrigeri
To: jurre
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Patch: #6679 - Do not auto-connect to the #tor IRC channel
Jurre van Bergen wrote (02 Mar 2014 22:43:47 GMT) :
> However, I don't think we should remove #tor from the listing.

Some people I trust seemed to agree that the current situation sucks
for #tor, so the status quo does not seem to be an
option, unfortunately. A potential problem is that if we remove #tor,
then we'll get more Tor-related (and not Tails-specific) questions on
#tails, that we'll have to redirect. But at least *we* would be
handling "our" users, and redirecting them to the right place, as we
already do for other upstreams of ours, such as Debian.

I've no very clear position on this whole thing, just my 0.02 commits.