Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/create-addit…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/create-additional-software-config
12/01/14 18:02, Alan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please review and merge feature/create-additional-software-config into
> devel
>
> This fixes https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6440:
> tails-additional-software crashes if persistence is not mounted
>
> commit 0a27b8908f50f074e3ed45de80e7cd3694f34a41
> Author: Tails developers <amnesia@???>
> Date: Tue Nov 26 15:45:01 2013 +0000
>
>     additional software: do not crash when tails is used without
>     persistence

>     Before this, tails-additional-software crashed if there was no
>     persistent volume activated. It now exits gracefully.

Review:

-    else:
+    elif os.path.isdir(PERSISTENCE_DIR):

Here `PERSISTENCE_DIR` is set to
`"/live/persistence/TailsData_unlocked"`, which works. However, in other
places we check whether persistence is enabled by looking if the shell
variable `TAILS_PERSISTENCE_ENABLED` is set to `true` in the file
`/var/lib/live/config/tails.persistence`. See `persistence_is_enabled()`
in
`config/chroot_local-includes/usr/local/lib/tails-shell-library/tails_greeter.sh`.

Still, as the non-fatal exception isn't thrown any more (it's absent
from `/var/log/gdm3/0:-greeter.log`) I won't block on this but I created
the low-priority ticket #6786 to track it.

So, merged!

Cheers!