Re: [Tails-dev] MAC spoofing: current status?

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] MAC spoofing: current status?
Hi,

anonym wrote (26 Feb 2014 15:09:07 GMT) :
> I tried the nightly build, and the Greeter doesn't start. I found some
> migration errors, which I corrected in commit d04240d,

You did not push that yet. You'll now want to merge my (already
pushed) stuff before pushing, then.

> but that there's something else wrong as well. The Greeter
> segfaults, possibly due to something going on in GTK (see log below
> [1]). I have no idea how to fix this, and I'd be surprised if
> feature/spoof-mac introduced this.

Ah, we've been doing the same thing in parallel.

> Any ideas, you all who have worked more with the wheezy branch than me?

No :(

One thing I've noticed (but that may be only on my setup): if I run
"udevadm trigger" to enable networking, then I get tons of SquashFS
errors (and corresponding segfaults), either immediately, or as soon
as I start doing anything that requires accessing files on the DVD.
It might be related, or not. I've never seen that happen on builds
from feature/wheezy previously, so I wonder if it could be related to
the modules blacklist thing. Note that before running "udevadm
trigger", I can `cat' the squashfs to /dev/null without
a single error.

Can you reproduce that?

It could be worth trying to reproduce this on an older build from that
branch (there's one left from late January on nightly.t.b.o, and
unfortunately our cleanup script is buggy so we have nothing between
late January and the last few days).