Re: [Freepto] Initial comments

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: boyska
À: freepto
Sujet: Re: [Freepto] Initial comments
On 26/02/2014 15:33, intrigeri wrote:
> boyska wrote (26 Feb 2014 13:26:04 GMT) :
>>> 4. I could find no source packages on http://deb.freepto.mx/freepto/
>
>> uh, I never truly understood debian packages: why should we put source
>> packages on the repository?
>
> So that anyone can build open your work, or contribute to it, by
> modifying the source code and building a new Debian package :)

oh, ok. We actually HAVE a declared way of building packages.
It just is not in deb-src. This is one example:
https://github.com/paskao/freepto-passwords-changer

We'll manage to add them, anyway (I think it's pretty easy to do it)

> ... and if there are any binary packages with compiled code in there:
> to comply with the various involved free software licenses.

iirc, no compiled code in our packages

>>> 5. I've found quite some shell scripts with very little error
>>>    checking, if at all; maybe use "set -e" in this case?

>> can you give us an example?
>
> * config/includes.chroot/usr/bin/makefreepto
> * tortp: install.sh and files/tortp

will review them

> Just curious: why is dotdeb.org needed, then? (I suspect there might
> be some improvements that would be worth upstreaming to
> Debian, perhaps.)

Oh, I forgot to mention: that file is there, but is not used by the
fabfile. So it's just a leftover: should be removed, but does not hurt

>>> 12. I suggest installing spice-vdagent and the qxl xorg video driver,
>>>     for better user experience when run in a libvirt/qemu environment.

>> will consider, but my experience with qemu is really good at the moment.
>
> Mine was not so bad, but still lacking some features that some may
> find important in 2014, and that Spice adds, e.g. USB devices hotplug,
> sound, adapting the guest's resolution to the window size, clipboard
> sharing and accelerated graphics (QXL).

cool

> See the --apt-recommends option in lb_config(1). Or just set

but that one is global. I like recommends, usually. But not for everything.

> a negative APT pinning for the package you don't want to install.

That's how we do it right now, but it seems so dirty. Most of all,
there's no way to pin the fact that a packages should be installd, but
not its recommends: you have to manually enumerate each dependency.

--
boyska
gpg --recv-keys 0x58289ca9