Re: [Tails-dev] [tor-mirrors] New Tor Mirror

Author: s7r
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [tor-mirrors] New Tor Mirror
On 2/26/2014 3:47 PM, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Lunar wrote (26 Feb 2014 11:13:28 GMT) :
>> tailsgnulinux@???:
>>> I have set up a new Tor mirror. It is located in the United
>>> States. The url is http://tor.mirrors.tailsgnulinux.org/.
>
>> Sorry but to the best of my knowledge, the canonical URL for
>> Tails is <https://tails.boum.org/>. I am quite opposed to adding
>> mirrors with misleading domain names to the pool of Tor Project's
>> mirrors.
>
> I'm afraid people who are looking for Tails might mistakenly
> believe that tailsgnulinux.org is the real thing. Could you please
> add a visible warning on this website, that points users to our
> website?
>
> Cheers,

Why would you register such a domain name if you are not in any way
affiliated to tails? better contribute to the real thing
@tails.boum.org if you have time and resources. You are more than
welcomed to help, work is found for anyone any time.

Host the mirror there but either redirect http traffic to
http://tails.boum.org or add a visible warning and a link to the real
site at http://tails.boum.org/ - this would be fair and polite from
my point of view. Of course, if you want :-)

- --
s7r@???
PGP Public key: http://www.sky-ip.org/s7r@sky-ip.org.asc