Re: [Tails-dev] UEFI support: wrapping-up [Was: Please test …

Autore: Alan
To: tails-dev
Vecchi argomenti: Re: [Tails-dev] UEFI support: wrapping-up [Was: Please test ISO with preliminary UEFI support on both UEFI and BIOS hardware]
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-dev] UEFI support: wrapping-up [Was: Please test ISO with preliminary UEFI support on both UEFI and BIOS hardware]
Hi,

On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 12:29:49 +0000 sajolida@??? wrote:
> intrigeri:
> > I have written a technical report of my UEFI research, early test
> > results and conclusions: https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/UEFI/
>
> Nice!
>
> >  1. Ship a 64-bit kernel (#5456) in 0.23. I'm committed to lead this
> >     to a conclusion. Assigned to the 0.23's RM (anonym) for review.

This will be done, as far as I understood.

> >  2. Write documentation for UEFI boot (#6562). I have listed on the
> >     ticket what (I already know) must be done in this area.
> >     That's a non-trivial task, and I am not sure we want to tackle
> > it (UEFI support is a goal for 2.0) now. But if we can come up with
> >     a small subset of these tasks that would be good enough to add
> >     *beta* UEFI support to 0.23, then I'd be very happy. sajolida,
> > it would be great if you could have a quick look to evaluate this.

> I could do that in time for 0.23, but I could also have an extra day
> of free time :)

How do you feel about that?

> >  3. Workaround the syslinux menu display bugs (#6576) I have seen on
> >     various hardware. Some of these bugs (on Mac) are blocking boot
> >     entirely, some are merely inconveniences.

I tested an easy workaround that works fine: removing the background
and adding a Title line to replace it.

So perhaps we could ship beta UEFI support for the release following
0.23?

Cheers