[Tails-dev] Help robot for #Tails

Author: IronSoldier
To: tails-dev, tails-support
Subject: [Tails-dev] Help robot for #Tails

Hi everyone!

I have developed a help robot for #Whonix to help people when no ones
arround or for FAQ that you are tired to find the URLs to the doc.

After making a little demo and getting good comments about it from
intrigeri, I made a sample with Tails data. With a bit of work it can
be ready in a day or two of work.

I am wondering if you are interested to have a fully working bot to
help in the channel. If so, I will run and maintain the bot. If you
guys are interested, the bot will be "self-maintained", it will parse
the documentation TOC and other pages if specified to add new links to
the list, so almost no human intervention will be required.

Currently on #Tails, SIN (The bot), will answer to !help command.
Issuing !help <keyword(s)> will look inside the database for links and
return the results. Issuing !help <nickname> <keyword(s)> will return
the result to the specified nickname.

Currently the database contain only few links from the general
information section of the docs. But here some working ex:
- !help Tails
- !help security
- !help trust

Based on your requests/comments, I can modify the bot to add
functions like !rules or almost anything else...

I am not suscribed to mailing lists, so you have my email in the
signature or you can reach me on IRC.

Waiting for feedback,
--
IronSoldier