Re: [Freepto] the road to 1.0 alpha2

Author: boyska
To: freepto
Subject: Re: [Freepto] the road to 1.0 alpha2
On 20/02/2014 17:02, intrigeri wrote:
> boyska wrote (20 Feb 2014 15:40:25 GMT) :
>> * pidgin has certificates for a/i domains
>
> In your experience, how does Pidgin react when the server presents
> a different certificate than the cached one?

ooops, I don't know. It's a serious bug!

>> * parcimonie will refresh your gpg keys anonymously and
>> automatically
>
> Assuming this is the Perl version (and not the fork that its author

yes, it's the perl version included in debian. It's not the bash rewrite
(but we are considering the switch, together with some changes to it: it
looks more KISS, and I like this)

> forgot to rename), then as its upstream author, I'm glad you're
> shipping parcimonie. You may want to make sure it does not change the
> memory requirements of freepto too much, though. Note that I have more
> memory footprint improvements (dropping DBus) in mind, and any help is
> most welcome :)

ok, we'll test this. Is the high memory required increasing over time,
or is it quite stable? I'm asking to know how to test it.

>> * synclient-tools: a software that fixes the touchpad issues experienced
>> by several users, and allows you to graphically reconfigure your touchpad
>
> I could not locate this package in Debian, nor in the wnpp bugs page.
> Do you intend to request this package, or maintain it yourself
> in Debian?

mh, the author is paskao.
paskao, is it general enough to become a debian package, or has it
freepto-specific hacks?

The code is in https://github.com/paskao/synclient-tools anyway

--
boyska