Re: [Tails-dev] Tails build broken?

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails build broken?
20/02/14 03:05, anonym wrote:
> 19/02/14 17:11, Robert Heller wrote:
> [...]
>> W: Failed to fetch http://cdn.debian.net/debian/dists/squeeze-updates/Release
> [...]
>
> This shows that your Tails sources are out of date. The cdn.debian.net
> source (which is "mostly broken (and soon obsolete)") was deprecated on
> Dec 21 2013 (commit 6410351) so the sources you are trying to build are
> older than that. That also means that you don't have the new Vagrant
> base box, which was added a few days later.

On second though this doesn't actually imply that you have out-dated
Tails sources, just that you still have the out-dated base box cached
and that Vagrant keeps on using it even if you remove the vagrant
machine (the checksum is of no help since it's only used when
downloading the base box, which won't happen when one is cached).

The cleanup instructions I gave still applies though. Please let us know
if they work!

Cheers!