Re: [Tails-dev] Tails build broken?

Autore: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails build broken?
19/02/14 17:11, Robert Heller wrote:
[...]
> W: Failed to fetch http://cdn.debian.net/debian/dists/squeeze-updates/Release

[...]

This shows that your Tails sources are out of date. The cdn.debian.net
source (which is "mostly broken (and soon obsolete)") was deprecated on
Dec 21 2013 (commit 6410351) so the sources you are trying to build are
older than that. That also means that you don't have the new Vagrant
base box, which was added a few days later.

Step one is to pull in newer Tails sources. Next you have to nuke the
old Vagrant suff with the following workaround:

    cd path/to/tails-sources/vagrant
    # Delete the outdated Vagrant machine
    vagrant destroy -f
    # Delete the cached, old base box so we'll download the new
    # one that unfortunately is named the same...
    vagrant box remove tails

Now, with up-to-date Tails sources, a `rake build` should download the
new base box, set up a working vagrant machine and build Tails for you.

Clearly this situation is sub-optimal, so I've filed bug #6736:

    https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6736

Cheers!