[Tails-dev] Adding BitMessage and Bitcoin-QT to Tails

Author: winterfairy
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Adding BitMessage and Bitcoin-QT to Tails
>>> Bitcoin-QT is also useful
>>
>> For a live-cd I would prefer the Bitcoin client Electrum because you
>> need only a passphrase to restore your wallet after reboot and you
>> don't have to download the full blockchain.
>>
>> See: https://electrum.org/index.html
>
> If I may chime in I'd say that I installed it on tails two versions ago
> and it's been working fine since then. I can give you the exact commands
> I use as well as the hidden service it connects to.

Electrum sounds interesting, if we want a Bitcoin client in Tails.
Bug tracker is down currently, so I cannot verify what our opinion
is and what earlier efforts have been made.

If I understand it correctly, having a Bitcoin client is preferred
to using e.g. blockchain.info, as the remote server cannot learn your
encryption keys.

Please tell us any information (e.g. commands) we need
to make it easier for us to evaluate this software in Tails.

(I'll try to remember to add that to the right tickets when
bug tracker is back up again.)