Re: [Tails-dev] "Numerous security holes in Tails 0.22" issu…

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Andrew McGlashan
To: intrigeri, The Tails public development discussion list
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] "Numerous security holes in Tails 0.22" issues -- wiki page needs corrections.
On 10/02/2014 8:45 PM, intrigeri wrote:
> Andrew McGlashan wrote (10 Feb 2014 08:20:13 GMT) :
>> There are some errors in this URL [0] :
>
>> Some advisories have 2014 in the DSA-nnnn reference link, but the DSA
>> refers to a 2013 issue -- therefore the links need to be fixed.
>
> Fixed, thanks a lot for the report!
>
> Would you perhaps be interested in preparing whatever machinery is
> needed to check for broken links all over our website? If you did, we
> could deploy it on our infrastructure and have it send
> reports regularly.

How about this as a Debian package:

http://wummel.github.io/linkchecker/

It's in the Squeeze and Wheezy official repositories.

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=linkchecker

My suggestion would be to install the package and have a cron job run a
scheduled check at an appropriate interval with output going to a dated
file -- such file could then be checked with a diff tool and the
differences highlighted to be looked at.

/usr/bin/python /usr/bin/linkchecker -v https://tails.boum.org/

I'm running that now and am seeing some 404 results with loads of
expected and normal "200 OK" -- there are other return codes as well,
including timeouts.

301 redirects are also highlighted, those could optionally be adjusted
to not need the redirect.

The output might be overkill, so perhaps drop the -v (verbose) option.

Cheers
AndrewM