[Freepto] Freepto 1.0 alpha 1 released

Author: boyska
To: freepto@autistici.org
Subject: [Freepto] Freepto 1.0 alpha 1 released
Hi all,
we have just released the first alpha for the new version.
The codename is berenjena, and the version number is... 1.0!

The main features are:
* synclient-tools: a software that fixes the touchpad issues experienced
by several users, and allows you to graphically reconfigure your touchpad
* freepto-live-tray: a simple way to notice if you are using persistence
or not, and to create a persistence if you don't have it
* tortp-stem: TorTP has been rewritten in a cleaner way. The user
benefits are a simpler user interface, and a more stable code
* Minor fixes all around

Download the image from:
http://dev.freepto.mx/dev/avana/2014-02-09_21.11_v1.0alpha1-0-gcccbbbd-it_IT.UTF-8/
You are welcome to test and report bugs, as always.

For the first time, doing dd if=image of=/dev/sdX should be enough; when
booting your freepto, click on the cdrom you'll find on top-right
(system tray) and create a persistence (caution: this could be
dangerous, as always); then reboot.

Known bugs
==========

* if freepto-live-tray window is closed by the user, the job continues
in background, giving no chance of user interaction
* when creating persistence in freepto-live-tray, lot of Thunar windows
will open, with internal disk mounted. Just ignore them, they won't harm.

The road to 1.0 is not over yet: we need to improve the tools we are
introducing, do lot of testing, and maybe add even cooler features.
You can check the missing bugs at
https://github.com/AvANa-BBS/freepto-lb/issues?milestone=2&page=1&state=open

--
boyska
"Conosco le abitudini so i prezzi e non voglio comperare ne' essere