Re: [Tails-dev] 2.0 milestone += supporting USB devices expo…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] 2.0 milestone += supporting USB devices exposed as non-removable?
intrigeri wrote (08 Feb 2014 09:19:27 GMT) :
> Alan wrote (13 Jan 2014 12:18:29 GMT) :
>> I propose that if nobody comes with a common example or a few examples
>> of problematic hardware within a week, we go for it.

> Filed as #6641.

Quickly implemented (as live-media=bus=LIST), and then realized it's
a bad idea: it prevents booting from DVD. So we would need either
a crappy UI such as live-media=cd-or-bus=LIST (terrible to document
etc.), or to add this option only at installation time (that basically
requires the same amount of work than the full-blown solution
described on #6397, without any real advantage).

So, I'm giving up this idea and closing the ticket.