Re: [Tails-l10n] Plural form for tr.po from tails.pot

Autore: sajolida
To: Tails localization discussion, volkangezer
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-l10n] Plural form for tr.po from tails.pot
Volkan Gezer:
> I am not sure if we can change language-specific parameters on transifex.

Do you mean that the plural form is a setting defined by Transifex and
that cannot be edited by the user? Actually, now I see that all the PO
files we receive from Transifex have the same plural form defined.

> Maybe we can ask for them, but the correct usage is the first one I guess.

Well, the official Gettext documentation think (n != 1) is the right
one. See:

https://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/gnu/gettext/manual/html_node/Plural-forms.html

> Another possibility can be uploading the source file to transifex so that
> it does not override the settings there.

Maybe if the only issue is that Gettext and Transifex disagree on what
is the right plural form for a small set of languages, we can just
ignore this kind of error as well while doing our validation and be done
with it.