[Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge feature/pidgin-2.10

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge feature/pidgin-2.10
Hi,

Note: pretty urgent, I think we want this in 0.22.1, so it should be
merged by Saturday (say, noon CET to the latest). Assigned to sajolida
for review'n'merge, since I've no idea if anyone with the right
credentials is available on so short notice these days.

ticket: #6629
branch: feature/pidgin-2.10

As the ticket says:

Pidgin 2.10.8 came out and fixes lots of security issues. The Debian
security plans to:

* take it as is into Wheezy (instead of trying to backport all the
bugfixes)
* EOL Pidgin in Squeeze

So, we cannot simply wait for things to be fixed elsewhere.

I think our only option is to backport Pidgin 2.10.8 for Squeeze,
which I've done in this branch, and successfully tested (IRC, XMPP,
OTR for both). I've only tested by merging this branch into
experimental and building from there, though, so this will need to be
tested a bit on a build from stable + the branch merged in".

Once 2.10.8 reaches Wheezy, I'll upload the backport to the official
Debian squeeze-backports.