Re: [Tails-dev] Link to the known issues on the download pag…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Link to the known issues on the download page?
Alan wrote (15 Jan 2014 19:53:41 GMT) :
>> People think there should be a link to *known issues* (current
>> release & long standing) on the download page or prominently
>> displayed in the main Tails documentation (table of contents), so
>> people can check easily.

> What do you think about this proposal?

Current status: the Support page links to the Troubleshooting one,
that itself prominently links to the long-standing known issues. So,
at least the intended navigation path for "I have a problem and I need
help" seems well-covered already.

Still, I'm sure it would be worth linking to the current release known
issues too from the same place, and I've created a ticket for it a few
weeks ago: https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6551. This would solve
one part of the problem.

Now, for the other suggestion, it's unclear to me what exact usecase
would be solved by linking to known issues directly from the doc
homepage. It feels like it would break the intended troubleshooting
navigation path, and the separation that was thought and implemented
between doc vs. help & support, and I'm not sure where this merger
beginning would logically lead to. I've got no strong feelings on this
though, and I'm sure sajolida will know better :)