Re: [mat-dev] Regarding archives support

Author: jvoisin
To: mat-dev
Subject: Re: [mat-dev] Regarding archives support

On 01/07/2014 11:06 AM, jvoisin wrote:
> Hello,
> I has been working recently on https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6416.
> I pushed some major changes, both under the hood and on the GUI:
> - MAT's now warns when the processed archive contains unsupported
> fileformat, and ask the user about which ones he would like to add to
> the archive
> - The testsuite has been accordingly updated
> - MAT's GUI does not handle nested archives, since I didn't come with
> any usable interface for this case.
> - tar and tar.bz2 format are now better handled.
>
> It would be nice to have some feedback about this changes.

I just pushed some related things:
- zip archives are now supported
- nested archives are supported, but not from the GUI
- mtime/atime are now handled for files within archives, and also for
office documents
- office document handling has been heavily refactored and simplified.
As a side effect, the archive's handling code is now a little bit more
complex.

As usual, feedback is more than welcome, since I'm planning to do a
release this weekend.

Cheers