Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Launcher extension

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Kathleen Brade
À: intrigeri
CC: The Tails public development discussion list, Mike Perry, Mark Smith
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Launcher extension
On 1/12/14, 9:11 AM, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi Kathleen,
>
> was the (quoted below) description of our requirements helpful in
> asserting how much work it would be allow Tails to use Tor Launcher,
> by turning it into a XUL app?

The information you provided was sufficient to answer our questions.
However, we haven't had a chance to determine how much work it would be
to create a variant of Tor Launcher that is packaged as a standalone XUL
app.

Here is another idea: What if Tor Launcher presented its initial
configuration dialogs and then exited after the user clicked "Connect"?
This behavior could be triggered by an environment variable.

The advantage of this approach is that it would probably only require
some small changes to Tor Launcher and it would be much easier to
maintain than a separate XUL app.

-- Kathy