Re: [Tails-dev] 2.0 milestone += supporting USB devices expo…

Author: Alan
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] 2.0 milestone += supporting USB devices exposed as non-removable?
Hi,

On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 13:34:31 +0100 intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> intrigeri wrote (06 Nov 2013 12:45:55 GMT) :
> > Oh, also: a temporary counter-measure could be to allow booting from
> > any {USB,SDIO} device, regardless of the removable flag. It's a bit
> > less safe than the plan I am proposing, but it is probably quite
> > easy to implement, and would make things better for users in the
> > meantime. Thoughts?
>
> Ping? I'd possibly want to implement this in time for 0.23, if we
> think it makes sense as a temporary workaround.

I really like the proposed plan... so let's not spend too much time on
workarounds...

The drawback for this workaround is that it will boot a debian-live
system present on an internal USB/SDIO device.

Do we have an idea how frequent is it? It we only find a few examples,
then I think it's a good temporary workaround. If there are more
examples, I'm unsure.

Cheers