Re: [Tails-dev] UEFI support: wrapping-up [Was: Please test …

Üzenet törlése

Válasz az üzenetre
Szerző: sajolida
Dátum:
Címzett: The Tails public development discussion list
Új témák: Re: [Tails-dev] UEFI support: wrapping-up [Was: Please test ISO with preliminary UEFI support on both UEFI and BIOS hardware]
Tárgy: Re: [Tails-dev] UEFI support: wrapping-up [Was: Please test ISO with preliminary UEFI support on both UEFI and BIOS hardware]
intrigeri:
> I have written a technical report of my UEFI research, early test
> results and conclusions: https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/UEFI/

Nice!

>  1. Ship a 64-bit kernel (#5456) in 0.23. I'm committed to lead this
>     to a conclusion. Assigned to the 0.23's RM (anonym) for review.

>  2. Write documentation for UEFI boot (#6562). I have listed on the
>     ticket what (I already know) must be done in this area.
>     That's a non-trivial task, and I am not sure we want to tackle it
>     (UEFI support is a goal for 2.0) now. But if we can come up with
>     a small subset of these tasks that would be good enough to add
>     *beta* UEFI support to 0.23, then I'd be very happy. sajolida, it
>     would be great if you could have a quick look to evaluate this.

I could do that in time for 0.23, but I could also have an extra day of
free time :)

>  3. Workaround the syslinux menu display bugs (#6576) I have seen on
>     various hardware. Some of these bugs (on Mac) are blocking boot
>     entirely, some are merely inconveniences.

We can try to ship it as it is, continue gathering input, and do the
polishing later on. Depends on anonym as well.