Re: [Tails-dev] Please review draft documentation for IUK

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: The Tails public development discussion list
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review draft documentation for IUK
Hi,

sajolida@??? wrote (08 Jan 2014 11:36:08 GMT) :
>> 1. "Tails was not started from a writable device."

> Which cases does this refer to? when starting from a DVD? a read-only
> USB stick? what else?

We happily delegate to bilibop the decision regarding whether the boot
medium is writable. This of course includes DVD, and I believe one of
the latest bilibop releases (that we're installing in feature/wheezy
only) also detects the read-only switches on SD cards and USB sticks.

>>   2. "The device Tails is running from was not created using
>>      Tails Installer."
>>   3. "The Tails project does not provide an incremental upgrade to
>>      this version." (e.g. will be the case for 1.1, most likely)

> In the online doc I said:

> « No automatic upgrade is available from our website for this version. »

> I never used "incremental" in the end.

OK, good.

>>   4. "There is not enough free space on the Tails system partition" (a
>>      bit too technical, but how to express that without having tons of
>>      people nagging user support because, oh well, they have space
>>      left on their persistent volume?)

> Then, what can I do to get out of this? Reinstall?

Yes, manual (full) upgrade. That's already what we tell them to do in
this case anyway.