[Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge feature/dont_autostart_ice…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge feature/dont_autostart_iceweasel + test/dont_autostart_iceweasel
Hi,

as discussed on the incremental upgrades thread, we've decided that
#5735 (Do not start the browser automatically) is blocking the
activation of incremental upgrades by default, so I've settled to
complete this branch. It was "a little" more complicated than
I expected when I committed to do this work, as various details (i18n,
updating wrt. the fact that the desktop user has not access to the
control port anymore, not overloading 20-time.sh with known-buggy
functions, avoiding to break the Unsafe Browser, to name a few) did
not make it exactly release-ready.

Anyway, I think I've managed to make it good enough to release, and
sajolida agreed to take care of the review'n'merge. I guess he
wouldn't mind someone else (bertagaz, hint, hint :) to have a look at
the branch that updates the test suite.

An ISO built from the topic branch (locally merged into stable, for
increased safety) now passes our automated test suite, once the test
suite is updated (done in a dedicated branch, see below).

Branches:

* feature/dont_autostart_iceweasel: to be merged into stable and devel
* test/dont_autostart_iceweasel: to be merged into devel only, because
it is based on test/rjb-migration that was based on (and now merged
into) devel

Candidate for 0.22.1. I think that's the only blocker to merging
feature/incremental-upgrades-integration.