Re: [Tails-dev] Execute Script on shutdown

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Execute Script on shutdown
Hi,

ReNe@??? wrote (03 Jan 2014 22:29:28 GMT) :
> I would like Tails to run a script when I am about to shutdown Tails.
> The scripts function is to zip, encrypt and copy a file to
> a different machine, so a sort of a backup-tool.

I'm curious what tools you are using to copy the file to
a remote machine.

> Inserting into the rc0 file within /etc did not work and tails
> resets the file after reboot/new startup.

Sorry about that. The good news is that if done properly, it should
work: we're using this machinery to trigger memory wipe on shutdown,
and it definitely works.

> What would you suggest how to (automatically) run such a script when
> shutting down the system.

I suggest reading the insserv(8) and init(8) manpages.

Once you've got something working, please do consider documenting how
you do it, so that it can benefit others :)