Re: [Tails-dev] "machines do not start on USB sticks created…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] "machines do not start on USB sticks created using Tails USB Installer, due to a firmware limitation"
Andreas Kuckartz wrote (05 Jan 2014 18:56:43 GMT) :
> That worked!

> Two different USB sticks (one containing an SD card) created with the
> Tails Installer ("Clone & Install") boot and I could create a persistent
> volume on them.

> I used this image:
> tails-i386-feature_uefi-0.23-20140104T0920Z-3305611.iso

> The laptop used was a Lenovo ThinkPad X130e.

Thanks a lot for testing, adding your results to
https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/UEFI/syslinux/

> Let me know if you need more details and I will send them by private mail.

I don't think I need any more information.
Ah, yes: does the syslinux boot menu display fine?

As the aforementioned test results pages shows, there are problem with
it on quite some hardware.

> BTW: The automatic memory wiping seems to fail - that worked before.

That's #6460, isn't it? May you please add this information on
the ticket?