Re: [Tails-dev] MAC spoofing: current status?

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] MAC spoofing: current status?
Hi,

I'll revisit your post in a few days for everything I didn't respond to
below.

27/12/13 18:05, intrigeri wrote:
>>>   * remaining design documentation blockers (the blueprint didn't
>>>     make it into a design doc yet, right?)

>> Done. Most of the blueprint was moved into our old
>> `wiki/src/contribute/design/MAC_address.mdwn`, replacing its old
>> contents. To me it reads like a decent design document and description
>> of the current implementation, although it possibly could use another
>> (external) read by now.
>
> Yeah, that's a good one.
>
> I've pushed a few minor improvements on top (oh crap, I realize I've
> done this in feature/spoof-mac, which is the right place IMO, but not
> the way you've been doing it — I'm sorry).

The reason I wanted to have the design in our master branch and not the
feature branch was to make it available on our website so it can be
linked to in the call for testing. Like in your CFT for incremental
updates I want to urge people with "security auditing skills" to have a
look at the design, and I think they'd be encouraged better like this
compared to linking to the raw markdown in git.

>> I'll start preparing a public call for testing post.
>
> Good. ETA?

I've sent a proposal to our private mailing list (so there's possibility
for feedback before publishing, like for our RC:s).

> (I would personally have done this in two steps, first issuing a clear
> call for testing on tails-dev, and second a broader public call for
> testing, but well, I guess it's too late now, so go, go, go! :)

Ok. Why? To catch show stoppers before the public call?

Cheers!