Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge test/rjb-migration

Author: bertagaz
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge test/rjb-migration
On Wed, Dec 25, 2013 at 08:36:57PM +0100, intrigeri wrote:
> bertagaz@??? wrote (24 Dec 2013 11:39:27 GMT) :
> > and then run the test suite.
>
> I get the same error you had a week ago or so:
>
>       Call to virDomainCreateWithFlags failed: unsupported
>       configuration: ich9-usb-ehci1 not supported in this QEMU binary
>       (Libvirt::Error)

> How did you fix this? If I'm the second one to hit it, perhaps this
> should be documented?

To be honest, it did get fixed almost by itself.

I just played a bit manually with virsh to create the VM while trying to
understand the issue, and at some point it did worked. As I didn't changed
anything really, in the host configuration nor in the VM one, I assumed I
did something wrong at first and there were in fact no issue at all. I
also did a search on Debian's BTS and qemu/libvirt sources to find reports
or changes that might be related, but found nothing.

Did you restart the computer/VM where you installed the test suite after
having done so? I remember I did, that might be why I had it to work.

If you get this issue too, sure it needs to be documented. But we have to
understand it first. :)

bert.