Re: [Tails-dev] Support for modern Vagrant

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Support for modern Vagrant
Hi,

David Wolinsky wrote (23 Dec 2013 19:29:48 GMT) :
> I've pushed a working patch into tails/davidiw/devel that fixes 6221 and
> 6514.

Thanks!

However.. you might have missed my <85y53emafi.fsf@???> email,
where I asked Julien and you to test and review
bugfix/6221-support-newer-vagrant, that does just the same + has some
improvements on top.

Note that bugfix/6221-support-newer-vagrant is based on our stable
branch, which is preferred for bugfixes that we may want to merge into
stable. It seems that your branch is forked off the devel branch.
If it's better than the one I've proposed, please rebase your branch
on stable first.

Also, having a bit finer grained commits (e.g. at least one for each
independent bugfix) is preferred to squashing all into a single commit
as you did.

So, what should we do? As far as the Git history and ancestors is
concerned, my branch is quite better. But perhaps yours has some fixes
that I haven't?