[Freepto] persistence

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: boyska
To: freepto
Betreff: [Freepto] persistence
I started to work on "auto-persistence" (yes, again!).
The first approach we tried was to create some scripts to run at boot
that would determine if no persistence was available and, if needed,
create it.

This proved difficult, so I am now starting back with a simple utility
to be run during normal freepto activity. This is my plan:
1) check-persistence: a simple, reliable command to check if the
persistence is mounted
2) freepto-device: a simple command to get the physical device that
freepto is running from (ie: /dev/sdb1)
3) freepto-live-helper: a graphical assistant that shows you information
given by previous commands
4) freepto-makepersistence: a tool to add a persistence partition on a
device

by now, I have done 1) and a very rough draft of 3)

You can try it out:
http://dev.freepto.mx/dev/persistence/2013-12-18_18.14_v0.1.2-RC-2-g5f8803d-it_IT.UTF-8/2013-12-18_18.14_v0.1.2-RC-2-g5f8803d-it_IT.UTF-8.img

go to Menu->System->Live helper

--