Re: [Tails-dev] Persistence: display nicer paths

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Persistence: display nicer paths
Hi Andres,

Andres Gomez Ramirez wrote (18 Dec 2013 22:20:48 GMT) :
> Attached the second version, [...]

Merged, great work!

Added a few fixes on top (53cd9d1, 4f3f54f), that you surely want to
look at and avoid the need thereof next time (that is: first,
configure Git to use color in diffs, so that trailing whitespace jumps
at your eye; second, run the test suite to make sure your changes
don't break it :)

Released as tails-persistence-setup 1.0.2, uploaded to devel and
experimental, will be part of Tails 0.23. Congrats!

I know you already committed to another task (some liveusb-creator bug
IIRC), but as a follow-up on this one (#5311), you might want to take
care of other places where the Persistent Volume Assistant displays
ugly paths, e.g. in "Tails is running from non-USB / non-SDIO device
%s." and other checks. It is certainly not critical, but I assume it
should be pretty easy to wrap ->boot_device with something that
returns DeviceFilePresentation in:

            my $message = $self->encoding->decode(sprintf(
                gettext($check->{message}),
                $self->boot_device));

Time to add a boot_device_file lazy-built attribute to
Tails::RunningSystem in our perl5lib, perhaps?