Re: [Tails-dev] Installed Tails using Tails Installer: USB s…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Installed Tails using Tails Installer: USB stick does not boot
Hi,

Andreas Kuckartz wrote (18 Dec 2013 15:54:43 GMT) :
> intrigeri:
>> Andreas Kuckartz wrote (18 Dec 2013 14:13:21 GMT) :
>>> I will wait until incremental updates can be used when Tails was
>>> installed using the isohybrid+dd method of installation.
>>
>> I doubt this is ever supported.

> I originally had assumed that the result does not in any way depend on
> the used installation method.

> Why is there a difference between the two methods? And what is the
> difference?

First, IIRC the isohybrid+dd method does not create a writable
filesystem with empty space, so we can't easily install the
IUK anywhere.

Second, we simply don't have the resources to support every possible
installation method for every Tails feature. So, some features are
only supported for the best supported installation method, that is,
when using the Tails Installer.

Please don't Cc me, I read the list.