Re: [Tails-dev] Support for modern Vagrant

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Support for modern Vagrant
Hi,

jvoisin wrote (17 Dec 2013 19:19:28 GMT) :
> On 12/17/2013 03:45 PM, David Wolinsky wrote:
>> Use this before rake build
>> export TAILS_BUILD_OPTIONS="noproxy"
>> then rake build
> Tails successfully built from scratch, in less than 2h30.
> Your patch is working :)

Thank you for testing. I have pushed David's patch, with the suggested
s/2/3/ change that was required to support Julien's Vagrant 1.2.2, to
the bugfix/6221-support-newer-vagrant branch.

I can't merge it yet, as this addition to
vagrant/provision/setup-tails-builder is clearly unsafe:

> for num in 5 6 7; do
> wget http://ftp-master.debian.org/keys/archive-key-"$num".0.asc
> apt-key add archive-key-"$num".0.asc
> rm archive-key-"$num".0.asc
> done

I'm curious why this would be necessary: Tails itself is based on
Squeeze too, includes the unstable APT sources too, and does not need
any such kludge.

Worst case, we will bundle the needed keys in our Git repository, or
(better) install a newer debian-archive-keyring package from Wheezy,
or something.

David, I read "Added the insertion of the Debian keys because it was
failing to build otherwise" in your commit message. May you please
retry without thes bits, and tell us exactly how it fails?