Re: [Tails-dev] Support for modern Vagrant

Author: jvoisin
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Support for modern Vagrant

On 12/17/2013 02:52 PM, David Wolinsky wrote:
> The vagrant version checker needs to be tweaked. I figured 1.3 <= would be
> the newer Vagrant style. It seems that perhaps we should reduce that to 1.2
> <= ... Looking at the git repo, it would seem that this was introduced
> during the 1.2.0 development cycle.
>
> I'll update the patch, but you can also tweak:
> vagrant/lib/vagrant_version.rb and find the number 3 and change it to a 2

Tweaked. Way better:
jvoisin@kaa 15:23 ~/dev/tails rake build
Using HTTP proxy: http://squeeze.vagrantup.com:3142
Bringing machine 'default' up with 'virtualbox' provider...
[default] Box 'tails' was not found. Fetching box from specified URL for
the provider 'virtualbox'. Note that if the URL does not have
a box for this provider, you should interrupt Vagrant now and add
the box yourself. Otherwise Vagrant will attempt to download the
full box prior to discovering this error.
Downloading or copying the box...
rake aborted!(Rate: 0/s, Estimated time remaining: --:--:--)
An error occurred while downloading the remote file. The error
message, if any, is reproduced below. Please fix this error and try
again.

Could not resolve proxy:
squeeze.vagrantup.com/home/jvoisin/dev/tails/vagrant/lib/vagrant_verified_download.rb:40:in
`download!'
<internal:prelude>:10:in `synchronize'
Tasks: TOP => build => vm:up
zsh: exit 1     rake build