Re: [Tails-dev] Support for modern Vagrant

Author: jvoisin
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Support for modern Vagrant

On 12/17/2013 10:20 AM, David Wolinsky wrote:
> I use ArchLinux that has support for a more modern version of Vagrant. I've
> spent a bit of time hacking the source code of Tails to support the newer
> version of Vagrant and I think I've maintained support for the older build
> environment as well. I'd appreciate feedback (including someone running
> this patch against the typical build environment). Note: I have never coded
> Ruby before, so any feedback is more than welcome :).

Wonderful, I was waiting for this since a long time :)

Unfortunately:
jvoisin@kaa 11:46 ~/dev/tails rake build
Using HTTP proxy: http://squeeze.vagrantup.com:3142
rake aborted!
There was an error loading a Vagrantfile. The file being loaded
and the error message are shown below. This is usually caused by
a syntax error.

Message: uninitialized constant
Vagrant::Action::Box<internal:prelude>:10:in `synchronize'
/home/jvoisin/dev/tails/Rakefile:46:in `new'
/home/jvoisin/dev/tails/Rakefile:46:in `primary_vm'
/home/jvoisin/dev/tails/Rakefile:231:in `block (2 levels) in <top
(required)>'
Tasks: TOP => build => vm:up
zsh: exit 1     rake build
jvoisin@kaa 11:46 ~/dev/tails

I'm using Ubuntu 13.10 x64, and was trying to build on `devel` branch.