Re: [Tails-dev] Goals and non-goals for UEFI support

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Goals and non-goals for UEFI support
Hi,

Alan wrote (14 Dec 2013 12:12:25 GMT) :
> On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 13:28:32 +0100 intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
>> sajolida@??? wrote (12 Dec 2013 03:19:25 GMT) :
>> > If you only have USB and can only do UEFI, then you are screwed.
>>
>> I'm not aware of any system that does not satisfay these requirements.
>>
> I don't have one to test now, but Apple MacBook Air might be such a
> system.

Right. However:

1. It may still be possible to manually install Tails the way we
document it for Mac's these days, boot it, and from there
clone'n'install onto a (UEFI) USB stick. If this works, then
problem solved.

2. People who can afford a MacBook Air can also afford getting a USB
external DVD writer. I don't think that avoiding them the need to
do it is worth a. spending a lot of time on our side, and b.
risking to break things on other kinds of hardware.

#1 would be worth testing. Thanks in advance!