Re: [Tails-dev] Shutdown stopped working in nightly experime…

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] Shutdown stopped working in nightly experimental?
Hi,

intrigeri wrote (29 Nov 2013 13:16:41 GMT) :
> I can't
> reproduce this issue in libvirt/qemu (qxl graphics). winterfairy, what
> graphics driver is used by the system exposing this bug? Can anyone
> try and reproduce this on bare metal with non-Intel graphics?

These questions would still be worth answering.

> I fear we have to treat this as a serious regression.

Filed #6460.

> From the top of my head, some notes:

> 0. Check that the memory wipe actually did not happen.
>    https://tails.boum.org/contribute/release_process/test/erase_memory_on_shutdown/

Will be done today or more likely tomorrow.

> 1. It could be worth having another look at the initramfs-tools
>    changes between 0.114 and 0.115. I would start with an ISO built
>    from experimental, that downgrades this package to 0.114.

Tested with current devel + initramfs-tools 0.114, same issue.

> 2. It could be worth trying with kexec-tools 2.0.4-1 from sid and with
>    2.0.3-1 from Wheezy.

Tested with current experimental + kexec-tools 2.0.4-1, same issue.

> 3. Any changes to the kexec feature in the kernel that break it for
>    our usecase?

I'm more and more inclined to think it's a regression in Linux itself.